Lab Panels & Tests
Learn the value of laboratory panels and tests, and how to use the test results to your advantage
Carr Cellular Fitness is excited to offer various hormone and other blood tests that are important for anyone to know, especially athletes. These tests are not offered in order to diagnose any medical condition – that requires a medical evaluation including a visit to a knowledgable physician. Rather, this service provides access to laboratory testing of hormones and limited other tests in order to empower you with information you need to know about your body.
There was no way I could have gotten into this shape to compete at the Arnold at age 54 without frequently checking my blood and optimizing my levels.Dr. Carr, Founder – CARR Cellular Fitness
Many individuals find it difficult, if not impossible, to get these necessary blood tests through their primary care physician. Carr Cellular Fitness believes that you have the right and the obligation to know where your levels are at in order to compete optimally and safely. Testing is therefore recommended for any athlete interested in knowing if they are producing optimal levels of hormones, in addition to detecting signs of excessive training and wear and tear, which is not uncommon in many athletes.
Here are the laboratory panels offered by Carr Cellular Fitness & Performance. The Panels offer several individual tests bundled together at a reduced rate.
Carr Cellular Fitness & Performance also offers individual laboratory tests, so you can get the vital information you need.
How It Works
- Purchase a lab test from the list above.
- After receiving your lab requisition via email or regular mail (your choice), locate a Quest Diagnostics facility closest to you.
- Results will be sent to you by mail, email or fax in both graphical and numerical format that is easy to understand, with the optimal range as recommended by Dr. Carr clearly shown.*
*graphical formation not available or not appropriate for all labs.
- Lab services are NOT available in NY, NJ, and RI.
- Labs are NOT covered by insurance and must be paid for before requisition is mailed to you.
- Even if requested, DO NOT present insurance card to the lab. This could result in your receiving an additional bill.
- All labs must be drawn through a Quest Diagnostics facility. If a Quest Diagnostics is not available in your area, the lab tests cannot be done.
- Labs do NOT have to be done “fasting”. Because of natural hormonal fluctuations, Dr. Carr prefers labs be drawn in the morning with or without your normal breakfast.
- If you are taking any of the hormones, vitamins, or supplements being tested for, DO NOT take them on the day of testing in order to get the most accurate reading.